Welcome to Mrs Carino's Music class!
MUSIC is an integral component of every student's education
The International Schools Group believes that music education:
- stands alone as an essential discipline,
- connects and relates to other curricular areas,
- builds cognitive fluency, and
- encourages development of aesthetic values, emotional expression, social skills, and cultural awareness.
As creators, evaluators, listeners, performers, advocates and consumers, students will gain a better appreciation and broader understanding of music and life.
1. Perform- Students will perform, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Create- Students will create and improvise melodies, variations and accompaniments.
3. Develop Literacy- Students will develop literacy through reading and notating music.
4. Listen and Respond - Students will listen to, analyze, describe, and evaluate music.
6. Understand Global Connections- Students will understand music in relation to other disciplines, history, and culture.